EAS has led or been a partner in projects that contribute to the sustainable development of European aquaculture.
Our current projects (click on the logo to visit the project web site):
The IGNITION project aims to gather new knowledge in animal welfare in the context of climate change, while assessing and developing new strategies to improve animal health through non-invasive tools.
The AWARE project aims to build first European RAS (Recirculation Aquaponic System) that uses reclaimed water with zero residues to produce fish and vegetables fit for human consumption. To establish a new business model for the economic exploitation of said value chain by lakeside, riverside, and urban communities. To provide a scientific evidence base to inform regulations while overcoming policy barriers for upscaling and commercialising this novel solution.
The INNOAQUA project aims to pave the path towards the upcoming sustainable and diversified EU in-land aquaculture industry by leaning on the demonstration and mainstreaming of innovative algae-based foods and solutions, and ecology, circularity and digitalization concepts.
The EU Aquaculture Assistance Mechanism (AAM) aims to support the Member States, the aquaculture industry, and other relevant stakeholders, in the implementation of the 2021-2030 Strategic Guidelines for a more sustainable and competitive EU aquaculture, through the provision of logistic, administrative, and technical assistance, as well as a one-stop-shop for knowledge and practices about sustainable aquaculture in the EU.
- EURASTIP: Promoting Multi-Stakeholder Contributions to International Cooperation on Sustainable Solutions for Aquaculture Development in South-East Asia
- VALUMICS: Understanding food value chains and network dynamics.
- COLUMBUS: Monitoring, Managing and Transferring Marine and Maritime Knowledge for Sustainable Blue Growth.
- OR AQUA: European Organic Aquaculture - Science-based recommendations for further development of the EU regulatory framework and to underpin future growth in the sector.
- SENSE: Harmonised Environmental Sustainability in the European Food and Drink Sectors.
- EUROSHELL: Bridging the gap between science and producers to support the European marine mollusc production sector.